About the Campaign
Partners for Safe Teen Driving is a community health initiative aimed at reducing the incidences of teenage automobile crashes, injuries and fatalities in Virginia by assisting school divisions and communities in the development and implementation of local Partners for Safe Teen Driving programs. The program teaches parents:
- How to coach their teenagers as they learn to drive
- Virginia’s laws as they relate to teenage driving and restrictions
- The newest driving techniques
- Virginia’s licensing process
The vision of Partners for Safe Teen Driving is to educate parents and teenage drivers with an emphasis and commitment to safe and responsible driving.
- To educate parents about new driving techniques and how to become good role models for their teen's driving behavior.
- To educate parents about their role in supporting existing state licensing laws and promoting safe driving practices.
- To encourage parents and teens to develop a driving contract to keep students safe as they gain more driving experience.